Monday, August 2, 2010

A Normal Day


The schedule for Abundant Grace of God Maternity Center is as follows. We are open for prenatals Monday-Thursday 8-5(which made today my first day of a normal clinic day.) On Friday we go on an outreach to a local tribal village, giving them prenatal care. Saturday is cleaning and chores day. Sunday we go to church and rest [unless of course we need to do laundry(which is done by hand) or if their is a birth! Which is very likely since the range of births per month is between 20 and 30!) Since we offer all our services for free it seems that everyone in Tabuk is pregnant and needing a prenatal, or a postpartum, or is giving birth! Today we saw twenty or so patients. Most of which came for prenatals, a few for postpartum, and one who is in labor! It was very busy around 10:00. There were three midwives on duty, a teacher from the local school and her three students, and me, and we couldn't seem to keep up for a little while. I prepared the patients files, took their bp-blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature, and basic info. I sat in on many of the visits, helped the midwives, cleaned the clinic, studied the language, studied about breast feeding, held multiple babies, and enjoyed every minute of it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Hannah!

Unknown said...

Hi hannah I'm trying to blog you. Olivia is helping me. Comment on my comment if you get this.

momma myhre

Annie said...

I am commenting on your comment you left my comments to let you know that you have indeed commented. :-D Love you!