Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm finally here!


And so i have made it to my destination in Tabuk. And lets just say the journey here was...different. The driving in Manila.....well....there were really four lanes but there were six rows of cars, and motorcycles in between! I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. The plane ride was gorgeous, we flew over the Kalinga mountains. We arrived at the smallest airport I ever have seen (the photo shows the entire extent of the airport. It is looking out from a little building the size of a small barn. This is the plane I came in on.)The ride from Tuegagarao was the winedyest road that has ever existed! And the entire trip was through the Kalinga mountains and oh but it is beautiful! The country here is so beautiful! The Abundant Grace of God Maternity center is located in a peninsula sorounded by rice fields and the Kalinga mountains! I went for a walk this afternoon with some of the ladies here and met some of the locals at the food market, in the neighborhood, and in the rice fields. There are animals loose everywhere. From goats and chickens to water buffalo and dogs the streets are frequented by them. In fact when walking through the rice fields we came upon a water buffalo and her calf....she proceeded to charge at us. We decided to take an alternate route and leave her be!
On a somewhat comical note: I seriously haven't had to use the restroom all day. All the water I drink goes straight out my skin. I have probably sweated more today than with an entire week of P90X! In other words it is excruciatingly hot!

2 comments:

Sholeen said...

PRAISE GOD!!! Now get some solid sleep so you can be a blessing! Love you honey!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?! Y'all were chased by water buffalo? Oh how I wish I could have seen that!